Friday, March 2, 2012

Singapore Tourists: Makansutra

Welcome Back!

I know I said I was going to show y'all Singapore's best night views on this post, but I think it's better to post my adventure in a chronological order. So, on this post, I would like to show y'all the food that we ate in Makansutra Gluttons Bay at the Esplanade before the sunset. I have to say it was our best meal of the trip. Big Bro can't stop smiling while eating it and kept on ordering MORE food. So here it goes, get ready to drool!

BBQ Pork with Hainanese Rice.
Big Bro said he's been looking for the perfect BBQ Pork in Singapore and this is the best one that he had so far.
Indian Mee Goreng (Fried Noodles) Combo with Chicken Wings.
I usually don't like this kind of dish, but I was surprise that I was actually satisfied and happy with this one.
Chicken Wings.
After sharing 2 pieces of chicken wings among the three of us, we wanted some more wings. It tasted really good but I have to say it's too oily.

Indonesian Sate Gado-Gado (Satay with Indonesian style peanut sauce salad).
It tasted good but a little bit too pricy for they size the served.
Roti John Mutton. It was THE BEST dish of the meal.
The texture, the taste, the size were just perfect. Big Bro doesn't eat bread, so more for KL and I.
Starfruit + Pineapple juice.
I know right, so tropical.  KL asked for no sugar, so it's a bit tasteless, but it's healthy!
Es Kachang (Shaved Ice with Peanuts).
I think the one in Marina Bay Sands is bigger and better (sadly I lost the picture). Nonetheless, this was a very satisfying dessert for the three of us.
Yeah... we ate a lot that night. Yum yum!
The best shot I have on Makansutra.

After we ate all those fattening yummy food we went to sit outside of the Esplanade to watch a free Christmas concert. It was pretty cool: the weather was perfect (meaning no rain), breezy, the sun slowly going down, the city started to light up, listening to classic love songs, and of course, two of my favorite people are there with me. It was just a perfect night! But... sorry, you'll have to stay in tune for my next post next week to see it!

Have a good weekend y'all! :D






1 comment:

  1. Hey, makansutra is the best food court in Singapore I've been so far.

    ReplyDelete