Thursday, January 19, 2012

Singapore Tourists: Asian Gastronomy

Hey all! I know class just started and most of you probably already have tons of reading to do, so I will try my best to write less than previous posts and just show you all the good stuff I ate in Singapore in pictures. Yumm Yumm!

Heart-shaped umbrella we borrowed from the hotel.
On Day 4, I had to go to see a doctor for some medical check up (Don't worry, I'm fine.). Yes, it was raining all day again. Since we couldn't enjoy Orchard Rd as much on Sunday because it was too packed, after the doctor appointment we decided to back to Orchard Rd again. It was pretty empty compared to Sunday. We didn't have to walk shoulder to shoulder with the crowds.

So what exactly did we do that day? We ate. Period. That's it. That's all we did. Our mouth didn't stop munching on food the whole day we were there. We walked for a bit, then we eat. Then we walk again for a bit, then we eat. So let me show you most of the things we ate...


For lunch, we went to Ramenplay because I've been craving for Katsudon since I got in Singapore. KL and Big Bro decided to get ramen, I'm sorry but I forgot which one (they have a lot of choices). I think the food was just okay, Tonkotsu King Ramen was better.


I want to say that this is Sanpou Double Soup Ramen.
Tonkotsu Ramen (Tonkotsu)
Katsudon - it's really good.
After lunch, we went out for a walk while the rain stopped momentarily. We passed through this old man's ice cream stand. This is definitely one of my favorite kind of ice cream, it's called Es Potong, which literaly means "cutted/chopped ice" in English. There are a lot of ways how we can it the ice cream, we can eat it on a stick, sandwiched with white/pandan bread, or with wafers like what we had below. Not only that, he was also selling a lot of Asian flavors, which I totally love, like for example: taro, red bean, mung bean, durian, etc. Also, the classics: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.



Since we didn't have anything to do other than a dinner plan with our old friend MS, we were just walking around scouting for interesting food to eat the whole day and here's what we found:

Dong Dae Mun Seoul Street Food. We got the sausage fries, it tastes like a corndog... but better.
Bakcang/Zongzi - glutinous rice stuffed with different fillings (usually meat).
Chinese Tea Egg.
Some Taiwanese street food. Not sure what they call it.

Everything fried...I want it all!!
After walking a lot the whole day, we ended up meeting MS at Takashimaya's food court. There were a lot of people, it took us a while to find seats. Interesting random fact: people in Singapore always have a small tissue pack in their purse. And when they go to food courts, they save their spot by placing their tissue pack on the table and then go to get their food. So just FYI, no, those aren't free tissue packs for us to take... So below are the food that we ate there:

Egg-coated Yakisoba from Takashimaya's food court. It doesn't taste as good as it looks.
Sticky rice with five different flavors: salmon, red bean, oyster, shrimp, some sweet pickle.



Oyster cake. It sort of tastes like scrambled egg with oysters and different kinds of veggies.
Singaporean Wanton Mee with Duck Meat. Also one of my favorites to eat in Singapore.
Herb Chicken Soup. It tastes very good and healthy.
MS's Pepper Lunch: Wagyu Yakiniku with Egg.
Well, there you go. That was our Day 4's Asian Gastronomy Trip in Singapore! Hope y'all are drooling while reading this blog like how I am when I was writing this. Man... I wish I can all these food right now. Yumm yumm!


No comments:

Post a Comment