Thursday, October 20, 2011

O Tide of Love.

These days I've been really enjoying this hymn, I probably listened to it more than 200x this past week on my laptop while I was studying. The reason why I really enjoy the hymn is the lyric, especially the chorus. It says: "Lord, make me one who loves You to the uttermost, that I would live and die to You. Grant me the grace and mercy to be faithful to the end."

Now that I'm a graduate student, I feel like there are so many options for me to choose from my future. I can work, I can go back to school (if I want to, but I don't haha), go to a Bible school or... anything basically!  BUT! What does the Lord want me to do? What is His perfect will for me? All I can pray to Him now is just to make me so attracted to Him and ask Him to make me love Him to the uttermost that I will just say "amen" to what ever His way is. Right?

In Isaiah 55:8-9 it says:

8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, And your ways are not My ways, declares Jehovah.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So My ways are higher than your ways, And My thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Amen! His ways are higher than ours! We just have to ask Him to make us one who loves Him to the uttermost so that we would live and die to Him! Only by His grace and mercy we can be faithful to the end!


I do not own this picture.

This is the lyric of the song I've been enjoying!

1. O Tide of love,
    Constrain me
    With Your love;
    Like a mighty
    Rushing water,
    Carry me away.

You're so attracting,
Can't help but asking,
"Lord, make me one
Who loves You
To the uttermost,
That I would live
And die to You.
Grant me the grace and
Mercy to be
Faithful to the end."


2. My one true Love;
    Write Your name upon me.
    Fully occupy me;
    Fully saturate
    And permeate me
    Until I'm one with You.

3. O faithful One,
    Put/Write Yourself into my heart.
    Open every, every part.
    And make Your heart's desire
    The desire of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Can you also add the link for the tune? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete